Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sun in Brighton

I had a great time in Brighton. After a weekend in an unusually sunny Paris, and a day of great weather on the beach, I am tan on my face and arms. Someone even asked me if I lightened my hair.

The day consisted of fish and chips by the sea, a ride on CrazyMouse (roller coaster on the Pier), a walk through "The Lanes" (streets smaller than alleys that wind around in the city, are pedestrian only, and have shops), a cappuccino, and some sort of mini citrus bunt cake with a cup of tea. Lets not even start on the total point guestimation.

Be warned of the seagulls in Brighton. They are huge, they are bold, and they will lurch at you. I saw an icecream cone get snatched away, as well as a donut. One started flying towards me, I think it saw the glare of my tokens for the roller coaster ride, and I jumped away in fear.

A few pictures, and then back to cataloging books.



Note the H&M 1 Euro top. Worth it. :)



Thank goodness this picture isn't too detailed or you could make out Brighton's nude beach in the distance.

No comments: