To answer your question, Kristin, bangers and mash is sausages and mashed potatoes. Sausage as in link sausage.
Also, other food related terms
chips = fries
crisps = potato chips
bitter = Beer? Not so sure on this one...either beer or a type of beer. They say it.
biscuit = cookie
aubergine = eggplant
entree = appetizer (that's what it means in French, too)
jelly = jello
washing up liquid = dish soap
Not food related, but I did learn that at the grocery store. :)
I'm sure there are many more, but those are just the obvious ones that I've managed to pick up so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This is kinda like that part from the move "Love Actually" when Colin comes to the States and starts talking British to chicks. I love it!!!!
Don't forget loo = toilet :)
Is the mash as good as grami's?
mom
bubble and squeek = mash with left over veggies
hobbly nobbly = ice cream stick with sprinkles or crunch on the outside.
bitter is a type of beer which is bitter not better! :)
morning, afternoon, evening teas = breakfast, lunch, dinner
relishes = forms of salsas
Post a Comment