I visited the Brode family yesterday. We hung out, went to a few villages, and had dinner at their local pub. It was a fun day and I had a great time - it's always nice to get away from all the noise and pollution here in London, especially since the pollen levels have dropped and I can actually enjoy the act of breathing in general. I am impressed with my mom's choice in friends (technically Sue was her friend first) as they really are wonderful people. Good job, Mom!
I also love the novelty of taking the train out. It's official, I love trains. I even love looking at the train time tables. Maybe there's something in my blood that makes partial to public transit. The more I experience, the more hooked I become. And now public transit is trendy, because it's green. I am fashionable for once, too!
Here's a couple pictures from Friday:
Zach and I in Denham, the cutest town this side of the pond. I keep hoping that's how you spell your name, Zach!
They do graves differently here. Some are like this, with a larger tombstone for the head and smaller for the feet. Many have multiple people in one regular size plot. We also saw the grave of Sir John Mills (popular British actor) in this small cemetery in Denham.
The more recent graves seem to use all of the available plot space, with flowers, decorations, lanterns, etc. It's like being buried under a garden, which doesn't seem like a bad thing.
Denham. Quaint, huh?
Wedding at the church in Buckinghamshire.
Tonight I am going out with a couple friends to meet up with my former roommate Natasha. I haven't seen her since I left Moscow two years ago this December (can't believe it's been that long!) and I am dying to see her.
Tomorrow and next week I will hopefully focus on work and school. I leave on Thursday night for Dublin, so I have that to look forward to during the week. I will try to write a blog or two off of some suggestions from my dad this week, as I will probably not be doing much of interest.
Alright, back to work.

6 comments:
We are really enjoying your blog! I would recommend more food & TV posts...
Also...have you seen a magazine there by the name of "Top Gear"? They also have a TV show on BBC America and I love it.
Oh my gosh, Barcelona or Prague. That's a tough one. I think Prague would have better architecture but what do I know. I was in Barcelona and I don't really remember much that impressed me. Just another big town. But I was only 15. Memory is going so who know.
PKW
I think you're right about the architecture, Mom. I'll meet you there in September??
Thanks for the tip, and I'll keep an eye out for Top Gear, Andrew.
Trains! Ahhh, one of my English passions as well. Love 'em to pieces.
You MUST find Paul Theroux's book called KINGDOM BY THE SEA. He's a wonderful writer, and this one is about his trip around the perimiter of the UK, much of which is by train.
Cherio,
DMW
Thanks for the recommendation. As it turns out, the MUST find was in my very own library, and I just checked it out. It is next on my list.
Post a Comment