Everyone thinks he knows about London weather. It's cold, it's dreary, it's rainy, it's overcast. This is what I was told, this is what I've believed.
If I were forced to give one adjective describing the weather here, I would not choose anything previously mentioned. I would instead pick "unpredictable".
One minute you're breaking a sweat, the next you're wrestling to put on your jacket, then you're popping up your umbrella. 5 blocks later, you do away with both the umbrella and the jacket. You notice you're starting to sweat on the top half, but because your feet got wet, you remain shivering on the bottom half.
The wind is a separate entity. It does not follow any sort of rules, striking at any time, with no regard to how recently you you did your hair.
Someday you may find yourself walking the streets of this city. I hope that you are so lucky. In the case that you become confused, irritated, or beaten down by the weather, I do have one tip - get a cup of tea. It helps. Really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
As far as I’m concerned London weather is sissy weather. I’ve had my eyelids frozen shut by an Indiana winter icy gust, walked through a Florida hurricane with horizontal rain, and jogged at noon in Phoenix when it was 118 degrees. Now that’s weather you can sink your teeth into.
And you’re warning me about a drizzly London fog??? Heck, newborn babies here in the states handle that without a whimper.
Bring it on!
Dad
I finally understand why people have been migrating to Florida all these years - bad weather!
Post a Comment