They had a problem with the underground this morning, so everyone got to ride for free. That cut 3 pounds off the cost of my notarized form. Gotta love the silver lining.
One of my flatmates, Alyssa, and another friend, Jayson, and I decided we then wanted to go to Wimbledon. This was an excellent idea, especially when we thought that we would be getting a free tube ride (that's from zones 1 to 3 and back!). Side story: for those of you who don't know about the London underground, it's split into zones and you pay according to how many zones you travel in. A single in zone 1 (where I live) is 1.50, a single from 1-3 is 2.50. I try to ignore the fact that all the numbers here are in pounds, and it doesn't seem so bad. Unfortunately, they fixed things, and we had to pay our fare. But it was still a fun time.
Getting close...
I was excited to touch Wimbledon grass.
The dress up section was a lot of fun. Yes women really wore pillows under their skirts to make their behind poof out.
I wanted to buy this for Owen but it was 15 pounds. Posh, no?
Time to pack for Paris! :)

2 comments:
1 pound = how many US dollars now?
1 GBP = 1.99396 USD
So it's easy and depressing to convert everything over here.
I will probably do a post on the cost of things here sometime soon. Wimbeldon was generally extremely overpriced.
Post a Comment