Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for the comments and wishing me a happy birthday. All things considered, it was a wonderful birthday. To be honest I felt like my birthday already happened, since we sort of celebrated before I left for London, so I really felt like I was having a second birthday for no reason - which was OK with me. :)
I was able to get a ticket through FSU to see The Lion King last night - and for me, seeing a free musical on my birthday is as great as it gets!
It was remarkable. The costumes, the acting, the dancing, the set design, the singing, the lighting - I highly recommend it. They had some highlights from the Disney movie (my favorite song, Be Prepared, was included), but also lots of new stuff woven into the plot. It was really hard for me to pick a favorite character/actor - though in the end I had to go with Scar. Bad boys are just too easy to love... ;)
I didn't think that anything would ever replace the experience of when I saw my first musical, Phantom of the Opera, and for nostalgia's sake, I'm tempted to say that it is still my all-time favorite, but I'm also tempted to say that The Lion King beats it out. Maybe I need to see both again to compare? I was laughing, I was crying, I was jumping out of my seat - if you like shows, then you must go see it!
Also, it was in the Lyceum theatre, which was a whole separate experience in itself. Do I know anything about this theatre? Of course not; but it was gorgeous and probably built hundreds of years ago. Typical London.
After the play we did go and have a couple pints, but I mostly wanted to get back home so I could wake up early and make my way to Gerrard's Cross to meet up with Sue and her family. I'm excited to see what life is like outside of London (though I've barely began to get a grasp of what life is like in London).
On that note, I need to be moving along now. I'm not going to take the time to proof read this now (not that I catch all of the errors when I do proof read...), so if there are more errors than usual, I apologize.
I want to wish Mom, Dad, Jessica, and Emily a safe trip to South Dakota, as they leave today. Have fun chillin' with our granite former presidents! Hopefully I'll see all about it on facebook later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The Lion King sounds awesome...I know it's coming to INDY in Nov and Dec if anyone's interested!!!
All right, Kimber. So, are you already starting to scheme about how you can ADD another six months to your stay in England?
You're just getting STARTED!!
DMW
Post a Comment