After I landed, I took the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station (in central London) and then decided to pay for a taxi to get to the centre (<---British spelling alert). I enjoyed the train ride. Not that I don't love metro systems, but I do like to be able to look out the window. Also, a woman came by with a food cart and said "Anything from the trolley??" just like in Harry Potter. I guess I thought trolleys were nothing but fantasy until now. I'm going to post some pictures of my flat. It's much bigger than I thought it would be, much much much bigger.
This is my room, and my bed. Since I'm the first one who got here, my suitcases are all over the floor. My room has 3 beds but I will only have one roommate, meaning I share a bathroom with her and the kitchen/living area with her and two other people.
I'm on the third floor and the stairs are steep. I almost toppled over carrying my suitcase up.
Sitting on my bed
Immediately before I could unpack or shower I was shown around to meet all my coworkers and supervisors, not really ideal. They were all nice, though, and a few of them seemed close to my age.
Ok better post this, I know someone is waiting to see these...

6 comments:
OMG!!! she stopped by and said, "anything from the trolley" !!!?!?!?!?!? OMG. i'm so jealous. that's my favorite part. but it looks awesome, you will have an absolute wicked time. (tried to use wicked, but i'm just not cut out for the part =[)
btw... this is emily. hehe. i know, you couldn't guess.
I miss kimby.
Dad
Is it raining there?
Z-
Today was nice and sunny, with temp. in the 60s. This weekend is supposed to be rainy, though. Too bad I wasn't able to walk around much outside today.
E-
You can comment as "anonymous" if you want. It's weird when you comment as Pamela.
Have fun and take care of our suitcase...it is very special to me.
AW
Post a Comment