Because I have a YMCA membership back home, I get 5 free visits to the YMCA here, which is literally 1 block away from my front door. It's a modern, urban YMCA, and apparently it is the site of the first YMCA ever. Hip and historical - I'm there! Don't ask me why it took me 5 months to begin to use my free visits. :)
Here's their stylish website:
http://www.ymcaclub.co.uk/
When you get on the scale, it's in kilograms. I have no idea how many pounds are in 60 kg, and I like it that way! 60 is such a small number, and I plan on cherishing my metric unit scale time.
On my way out, I glanced at their pool and I thought it looked odd. After standing and watching the swimmers for a few minutes, I noticed that they were swimming on the left. Ask any Brit and he will say that the right way to drive is on the left; I guess that goes for swimming as well?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment