Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"We dine well here in Camelot

We eat ham and jam and spam a lot."

I loved Spamalot.

It was crude in some parts, controversial in other parts - but that's to be expected. One of my favorite lines from the play was when one character said to his friend "Just think, 1000 years from now, this will still be controversial!" And it is.

The leading female character really had some pipes and slightly stole the show.

I'm really hoping to see some more theatre while I'm here, even if I have to start paying for my tickets. Next week FSU goes to the Merry Wives of Windsor at the Globe, and I will get to tag along. Lucky me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see Spamalot. That's awesome!

Does it follow the movie pretty well or chart off on it's own?

Kimber said...

Most of the big scenes were in there (shrubbery, swallow, coconuts, etc.) but many were new and there was much more singing and dancing.