Three of my roommates and I went to a midnight showing of Hamlet last night at The Factory. As this review from the Times will explain, it's not an ordinary Hamlet performance. Examples: the actors don't know which part they will play, choosing random people to play rock paper scissors to decide, people from the audience receive minor parts, and they get all of their props from the audience. They also run around the theater like crazy people and sweat a lot (Hamlet was literally standing in my seat through one of the scenes and the smell was not pleasant). I enjoyed it, though by 4am I was sleepy.
For this performance the scenes were drawn from a hat at random. Because Hamlet is one of the few plays I actually know, this didn't bother me. If I didn't know the play that well I would have been completely lost.
Also, I finally experienced my first London Celebrity sighting. College basketball players aside, I don't care about meeting celebrities, but after 3 months of seeing no one I thought there had to be something wrong with me. The tabloids always have pictures of famous people in Soho which is close to where I live. I decided I must see someone, anyone, before December. The pressure is off, because James McAvoy was in the audience last night, and he was given one of the audience parts (somehow I don't think that was random). Phew.
Also, my cousin TJ is getting married to my soon to be cousin-in-law Kristin today. I will be thinking about you two today and I wish I could come to the wedding. Congratulations and best wishes to them as they start their married lives together.
I might update this later with pictures, but for now, this is it. Time to man the library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This blog had no comments. It looked lonely.
Not as lonely as lonely mountain!
I'm glad you figured out how to comment again.
Post a Comment