I am learning that bargains do exist in London, you just have to uncover them.

Have a minute and need an orange? This prudential healthcare billboard at the bus stop near my flat dispenses one every minute - free.
TimeOut magazine is essential in the search for free entertainment. Libraries are also a great source for free stuff, such as access to TimeOut magazine. While reading TimeOut in my library, I discovered a
street festival happening on Regent Street (half a mile from my flat). This year's theme was "A Great British Experience". I was thrilled that I had time to go before work today. Here are some highlights, depicted with photos:

Note the security man's hat.

"Avenue - pop phenomenon of X-Factor fame" I think X-Factor is British American Idol? Or some boyband competition?

British classic and veteran cars, a decent view of all the British flags everywhere.

Ferris Wheel and old school double decker bus.

Marching bagpipe band. My personal favorite.

Wonderful food. I tried samples of olives, cheese, baklava, brownie, sausage, more cheese, nuts, fudge... I aso bought £4 worth of baklava (expensive), but justified it because I had so many free samples. Those greek venders know how to make a sale, my roommate bought olives.

A festival isn't a festival without Hagrid.

Lenese and I eating beef and sausage burgers with sauteed onions and green stuff. Delicious.

Free stuff (well, not the baklava). MP3 player, wireless mouse, British flag.
food samples - free
americano and croissant - £2
baklava - £4
gourmet burger - £3.50
A Great British Experience - Priceless!
2 comments:
So cool with the festival in the middle of the street! Ferris Wheel and all! Food looks yummy.
Well, we did get a sample cookie at Publix! So there!
That's incredible!!! I love the free oranges that's soooo coool!!!!
Baklava is sooooooooo yummy it's one a my favs!
Post a Comment