How quickly the summer goes. Students arrived yesterday for the Fall semester.
Another intern, Ariel, moved in with Lenese and I, meaning we now have 3 in one room. It's funny to me that I spent most of my childhood with my own room, and most of my adult life sharing. None of us snore, which is a big plus.
Today marks the end of the 10th week of my internship; 15 weeks from today I fly home. I also arrive home. Aren't time zones neat?
Things I am looking forward to in September:
Sept. 1 - Spamalot
Sept. 15 - Brighton
Sept. 19-22 - Bruges
Sept. 26-29 - Rome
Some of you may be wondering what happened to my Prague vs. Barcelona debate - well, I found an incredibly cheap flight to Rome. As much as I dislike being in the company of tourists (living on a road that is a walking path to the British Museum will do that), it is a secret childhood dream of mine to see the Colosseum. After September 30 work visa requirements change in the UK, and I can no longer leave the country. Rome will be my last venture out and hopefully a worthwhile trip.
As for Bruges, for an unknown reason I am fascinated with the city so I decided to go.
Things should be quiet for the next couple weeks so I will put up posts on cultural differences. My dad gave me a few good suggestions and I will pull from that, as well as my own ideas, but if anyone has a question or a topic of interest, leave a comment and I'll see what I can come up with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Rome will be awesome!!! Eat tons of delicious Italian food!!! Gosh it feels like you just left yesterday! How times flies!
Sounds like good plans. Spamalot and Rome... can't get much better.
Blog ideas? How about English differences? Besides the common knowledge ones like apt/flat, chips/frys, etc. Might be a fun list. See how many you can spot.
Kimber, has anyone in your group needed medical attention? I'm just wondering if the UK's universal health care system has been utilized. On one hand we hear that it's a horror story and on the other hand it's supposed to be wonderful. Have you heard anything about it from your British co-workers?
Susan Y
David,
The english call a stroller, a push chair. I thought that unique.
Aunt Pam
Mom,
In my experience they call it a "pram". But there are lots of dialects, so they probably call it a push chair too.
Post a Comment