Last Friday I met up with Rachel, a good friend of Jessica's and now my London BFF - that's Best Friend Forever for those of you who didn't grow up in the 90s - and walked around a part of London that I haven't seen much of yet. She is staying with her Uncle in Chelsea, and I met her there and I think we walked around 10 miles. Highlights included Dinosaur Bones at the Natural History museum, sitting in Hyde Park, and lunch at her Uncle's flat. The evening ended with the easiest/best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies I've ever made.
Saturday I went to Borough Market with my roommate, Ariel. I managed to avoid buying much this time, although I did buy a cauliflower head because I haven't been able to find much cauliflower in the grocery store.
Sunday was one of my favorite days this fall, where Ariel and I walked down to Apple Day, a small organized event in a little garden about 45 minutes walking distance from where we live. This is what I don't have pictures from. We met Rachel there and got to sample some amazing apples, and buy a few at great prices. For those of you who have tasted fresh apples, you know how wonderful they are! Not quite as fun as apple picking, but I'll take what I can get. :)
The week was mostly spent working, although I did meet up with my former roommate Natasha last night for dinner and more cookie baking. She is trying to convince me to sign up for a 6k run in December, which sounds fun, except that signing up would require that I actually run. The fun is that it's a Santa Run for charity, and they provide you with Santa suits to run in! I don't know why, but this sounds extremely appealing to me.
I am not a runner. In fact, I don't think I've ever actually ran, I've only ever jogged. I have been known to run a 5k, though not recently. But I feel that I want to do it, so I'm asking you readers for input.
I went out this morning and was able to "run" a mile without much trouble (meaning, I could have ran more but stopped due to lack of motivation); do you think I could work up to 3.8mi/6k in 7 weeks? I am willing to commit to running 3 - 4 times a week. Preferably 3.
Runners, and non-runners, any thoughts? -- If no one else, I'm counting on you, Dad, to put your 2 cents in on this!

No comments:
Post a Comment