Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 3 - Icecream palace and beer museum

Before Peter and I came to Tokyo we saw a video about Icecream City, and decided that we had to go. Icecream city is located in a huge shopping complex called Sunshine City, which is in Ikebukuro.

The trip to Icecream City was more of a voyage which involved many stops along the way.

The first stop was breakfast/lunch. This is udon (noodles) with egg and I think some broth of some sort - you know what I knew by looking at it. It was delicious! I miss udon.


Then we went walking around the huge Sunshine 60 shopping complex (it was raining that day, we didn't want to go outside really), and visited the aquarium that was there. There is also an observatory there and a planetarium, but we passed on that. Part of the fun of the aquarium was watching the small Japenese children watch the fish. They were adorable!


Here I am in Icecream city about to eat my icecream! I picked plum and green tea to try. But there were some unusual flavors to choose from, such as shark fin ramen, octopus, ox, viper (as in the snake), squid, salad, etc. I was not brave, and avoided all vegetable and sea creature flavors.


We also stopped by a Toyota showroom which was surprisingly fun. It's fun to sit in new cars. Who knew? After that we left Ikebukuro and went out to Ebisu to go to the Yebisu beer museum.

We mainly wanted to try the beer, which we did, and we approved. They had really cute tshirts with the Yebisu dude on it (can you believe I went to the museum and don't even remember what their symbol means?!), but they were $25 - too much for me.

After this we walked around Ebisu for awhile, in the rain, which is when I got sick of the rain and suggested we go to McDonald's (covered in my previous post). We later went back to Ebisu though, and had really wonderful Yakitori, so be on the look out for that post! I think it was day 6.

No comments: